ExCellerate™ Serum-Free Cell Expansion Media
Take an important step towards defined cell culture and improve the consistency of your cell therapy process. ExCellerate media provide an optimized serum-free culture environment for the generation and expansion of individual immune cell and stem cell types.
- Reduce variability in your media composition
- Streamline comparability testing if raw material changes are required
- Facilitate regulatory compliance during clinical transition
- Reduce time-to-market for your cell therapy
How Do We Define Xeno-Free and Animal Component-Free Culture Media?
- Xeno-free media do not contain any non-human animal-derived components. Xeno-free media may contain human-derived components such as serum, holo-transferrin, or insulin.
- Animal component-free media do not contain any animal- or human-derived components. Elimination of these components further improves culture consistency compared to xeno-free media.
Bio-Techne believes in the power of partnerships. We have joined with Fresenius Kabi and Wilson Wolf to bring you ScaleReady™, lowering the barriers to entry into the immune cell therapy space for all sizes and stages of manufacturing programs. ScaleReady brings cell and gene therapies to life by offering a significant reduction of complexity and cost while consistently providing superior repeatability and cell quality.
The ScaleReady product portfolio supports scalable immune cell therapy solutions using ExCellerate media for T and NK cells, delivering true platform, process, and product continuity for your immune cell programs. When paired with the Lovo® and Cue® functionally-closed-system automated cell processing systems, Bio-Techne reagents and the G-Rex® Bioreactor enable high throughput parallel processing of cell therapies within a small footprint.
Eliminate variability from trace animal components in your culture media and reduce the risk of inconsistent results. Cultures expanded in these media are unaffected by the presence of unknown levels of vitamins, hormones, and growth factors in serum.
- Optimized for use with R&D Systems™ cytokines and growth factors
- Compatible with a variety of culture and activation methods
We thoroughly test each production lot of ExCellerate media for the presence of animal components, and this documentation is available on request.
ExCellerate Human T Cell Expansion Media
- Robust T cell expansion from PBMCs or purified CD3+ T cells
- Optimized for use with Cloudz™ T Cell Activation Kits
ExCellerate Human NK Cell Expansion Media
- Robust feeder-free expansion from PBMCs or isolated NK cells
- Compatible with a variety of NK cell activation methods
ExCellerate B Cell Media
- Robust B cell expansion of B cells from peripheral blood in multiple species
- Supports antigen-specific B cell clonogenicity and hybridoma culture
ExCellerate iPSC Expansion Media
- Robust feeder-free expansion of undifferentiated cells
- Complete formulation; no growth factor supplementation required
- Maintains genetic stability and differentiation potential over long-term culture
- Compatible with several matrices and cell lines
Transitioning Research to GMP
As you advance from discovery into process development and clinical manufacturing, we make the transition as efficient and seamless as possible. Our GMP materials are based on our research-grade products wherever possible. If GMP-grade materials are not available, our Custom Services team will work with you to convert RUO materials into products appropriate for manufacturing use. We have recently developed an intermediate tier of small molecules to meet the rapidly increasing needs of the cell therapy industry.
Our Ancillary Materials Grade Small Molecules are certified animal-free and supported by enhanced QC testing, a more detailed QA review, and accompanying documentation. Incorporation of GMP or AM-grade raw materials early in your program will simplify your clinical transition. Our diligence with quality control ensures that you can move seamlessly into regulatory agency submissions without disrupting your process.
- Immune Cell Culture
- Stem Cells
- Organoids and 3D Culture
- Gene Engineering Services
- Transitioning to Animal-Free and GMP
- GMP Capabilities
- Cell and Gene Therapy
- Custom Cell and Gene Therapy Services
- Cell Culture Products
- Fetal Bovine Serum
- Cultrex™ Basement Membrane Extracts and Extracellular Matrix Proteins
- Fluorokines™ Fluorescent-Labeled Recombinant Proteins at R&D Systems
- Serum-Free and Animal-Free Cell Culture
- Enhance Your TIL Expansion with ExCellerate T Cell Media Application Note
- Application Note: Assessing iPSC Colony Morphology Attributes
- T Cell-Based Therapies eBook
- Immune Cell Protocols at R&D Systems
- Immune Cell Isolation & Culture Brochure at R&D Systems
- Stem Cell Protocols at R&D Systems
- The Organoid Culture Handbook at R&D Systems
- Evolution of Cell Culture Model Systems eBook at R&D Systems
- The Importance of Serum- and Animal-Free Media for Stem Cell-Based Therapeutics Article at RegMedNet
ExCellerate media are formulated and optimized for the ex vivo culture of immune cells and stem cells. Unlike traditional serum-containing culture media, these media provide a stable culture and optimized environment, devoid of non-human animal-derived products. ExCellerate iPSC medium does not contain any animal-derived or human-derived products. ExCellerate media support the expansion of specific cell types (T cells, NK cells, B cells, or pluripotent stem cells)