• The highest purity E1 activating enzymes for Ubiquitin, SUMO, NEDD8, ISG15, and other Ubiquitin-like proteins
• The widest selection of E2 conjugating enzymes, including E2s for HECT-, RBR- and RING-type E3s, monoubiquitylating E2s, K11-, K48-, and K63-specific chain building E2s, and the SUMO and Neddylation E2s
• The largest collection of highly active E3 ligases, including HECT-, RBR-, SCF-, and other RING classes
• The most active, full-length recombinant deubiquitinase enzymes on the market
• Proteasome complexes including the 19S, 20S, and 26S proteasomes, the 20S immunoproteasome and the PA28 a, b, or g regulatory complexes
• Custom services for polyubiquitin characterization, DUB profiling, and protein purification are available to meet every researcher’s need
• A large selection of fucosyltransferases with clickable substrate GDP-Azido-Fucose for investigating core-, terminal-, and protein O-fucosylation modifications
• Sialyltransferases with clickable substrate CMP-Azido-Sialic Acid and CMP-C9-Biotin-Sialic Acid for exploring alpha2-3, alpha2-6, and alpha2-8 sialylation of different glycoproteins or glycolipids
• A wide selection of highly active N-acetylglucosaminyltransferases with clickable substrates UDP-Azido-GlcNAc and N-acetylgalactosaminyltransferases with clickable substrate UDP-Azido-GalNAc
• Highly active heparinases, heparanases, chondroitinases, and hyaluronidases for studying various glycosaminoglycans
• The largest collection of human lysosomal glycosidases that can be used as enzymatic tools as well as drug targets
• A large selection of enzymes involved in amino acid metabolism that are potential immunotherapeutic targets, including IDO, TDO2, ARG1, and ARG2
• Highly active, angiogenesis-promoting matrix metalloproteinases, including MMP-2, MMP-9, and MT1-MMP/MMP-14, and broad spectrum and selective MMP inhibitors
• The ectoenzymes, CD39 and CD73, which generate extracellular adenosine and contribute to immunosuppression in the tumor microenvironment
• A wide range of metabolic enzymes and inhibitors for investigating metabolic alterations in tumor cells
• A complete collection of kinases and kinase inhibitors for exploring cancer cell signaling pathways
Kinases and Phosphatases
• A large selection of active intracellular kinases, including ERK1, ERK2, MEK2, p38, and ASK1 for studying protein phosphorylation
• The largest selection of potent and selective kinase inhibitors
• A substantial collection of phosphatases and phosphatase inhibitors for investigating the effects of protein dephosphorylation
• Nucleic acid processing enzymes, including NucA and Cas9
• A wide selection of highly active heparinases, heparanases, chondroitinases, and hyaluronidases for studying various glycosaminoglycans
• Economical, highly active glycosidases including PNGase F and O-Glycosidase for understanding the structures and functions of glycoproteins
• Aspartic proteases, cysteine proteases, serine proteases, and metalloproteases, along with protease inhibitors and substrates for understanding the functions and substrate specificities of different proteases
• The expertise and ability to scale up the production of almost any enzyme
• Specialized formulations available
• Economical pricing
Enzyme Assay Protocols
Explore our collection of protocols for enzyme activity assays using fluorogenic peptide substrates and sulfotransferase activity assays.
In Vitro Ubiquitination Protocols
Use this guide for detailed protocols describing how to carry out an in vitro ubiquitination reaction and analyze the results to determine if a specific protein is ubiquitinated, along with procedures for distinguishing between polyubiquitination and multi-monoubiquitination, and determining ubiquitin chain linkage.
Products for Glycobiology Research
Browse our tools for glycobiology research. We offer the largest selection of highly active enzymes for studying the structures and functions of specific glycoconjugates.
Modulate Enzymes with Small Molecules
Bio-Techne provides an extensive catalog of small molecule enzyme inhibitors, activators, and Degraders to help you explore enzyme activity. Our collection comprises potent and selective compounds targeting a wide range of different enzymes, including key enzymes in signaling pathways, the ubiquitin proteasome system, metabolism and more.
Caspase Activation and Apoptosis Poster
Request a free copy of our Caspase Activation and Apoptosis poster, which highlights the domain structures of the different members of the caspase family of cysteine proteases and the pathways that lead to caspase activation and apoptosis.
Blood Coagulation Signaling Pathway
Explore our interactive Blood Coagulation Signaling Pathway to learn more about the serine proteases that function as coagulation factors and the other proteins involved in the extrinsic, intrinsic, and common pathways of blood coagulation.
Imaging Glycan Epitopes and Glycoproteins using Glycosyltransferases
Learn about a method for enzyme-based glycan imaging using glycosyltransferases that involves the incorporation of azido-sugars into target glycans followed by click chemistry-based conjugation with fluorescent reporters.
Rigorous Testing and Quality Specifications Ensure that R&D Systems Recombinant Enzymes Provide Superior Performance
R&D Systems Enzymes Provide Superior Performance
Bio-Techne offers more than 800 R&D Systems® active enzymes that are used for a variety of chemical reactions. These include a wide range of enzymes involved in processes such as glycosylation, phosphorylation, and ubiquitination, which may affect the activities of many different proteins. Additionally, we offer enzymes such as CD39, CD73, IDO, TDO2, ARG1, and matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) that are being investigated as potential immunotherapeutic targets, and we have a large selection of metabolic enzymes and enzymes that are being used for bioprocessing applications. All of our enzymes are provided in solution and are ready to use.
With over 30 years of experience purifying and manufacturing enzymes, R&D Systems maintains stringent production and purification standards to ensure that every recombinant enzyme in our catalog displays high purity and superior performance. As over 95% of our enzymes are developed and manufactured in-house, we fully control the purification, testing, and quality specifications of all of our products. Every enzyme that we offer is tested for potency by cleavage of a specific substrate, and the specific activity is expressed as picomoles/minute/microgram and reported on our datasheets. Additionally, we rigorously test all of our enzymes for long-term stability and lot-to-lot consistency to ensure that experiments performed with our products will be 100% reproducible. Should any questions arise regarding the specifications or use of our products, our highly trained technical service team at R&D Systems is always available to assist you.