Imaged-Capillary Isoelectric Focusing (icIEF) with Maurice
Meet Maurice, your fully automated capillary electrophoresis instrument that gives you:
- Ease of use
- High-quality data
- Easy method transfer
- Regulatory compliance
- Method development in less than a day
Table of Contents
icIEF vs cIEF
icIEF is the industry’s gold-standard for protein charge analysis, and there is a difference between icIEF and traditional cIEF. Both measure charge heterogeneity of molecules, but icIEF, based on the iCE technology, uses whole-column imaging, which eliminates the need for mobilization after separation, thus retaining resolution while providing data in 10-15 minutes.
- Instrument setup, capillary loading, and clean-up
- Protein mobilization
- Prolonged method development
- High sample volumes
- Ease of use - plug in the ready-to-use cartridge, load your samples, and hit Start!
- More time back – analyze samples in 10-15 minutes
- High-quality protein charge data in real time
- Data with low sample volumes
- icIEF method development in a day
- Seamless method transfer to QC
Maurice Virtual Demo
Come explore and see how easy it is to measure charge and size heterogeneity with Maurice. Learn about these key elements:
- Sample Prep, cIEF and CE-SDS
- Cartridge Prep & Install, cIEF and CE-SDS
- On-board Mixing
- Compass for iCE Software
- Maurice Empower® Control Kit
- Cartridge Cleaning, cIEF and CE-SDS
Get the icIEF Data You Need
Are reproducibility issues hindering your transition across different stages of biotherapeutic development? Whether you’re switching between users or labs, Maurice will give you highly reproducible data on your therapeutics’ charge profiles.
Analyze a Variety of Therapeutic Proteins
Characterize monoclonal antibodies, biosimilars, ADCs, viral vectors, fusion proteins, and more! Analyze molecules even with the most complicated charge profiles, whether you’re in analytical development, QC, formulation development or other phases.
Check if your AAV capsids are empty or full by leveraging the Maurice system's absorbance and native fluorescence detection modes.
Analyze Monoclonal Antibodies
Analyze Monoclonal Antibodies
See how the Maurice system evaluated the stability of Cetuximab samples that were subjected to forced degradation under various conditions.
Save Your Samples
icIEF with Maurice offers both absorbance and native fluorescence (NF) detection modes. NF offers 4X the sensitivity of absorbance so you can get the data you need while saving your precious samples! Go as low as 0.7 µg/mL, and you can even reduce the amount of urea in some of your methods since samples tend to aggregate less at lower concentrations.
Read our Application Note for more details on native fluorescence with Maurice.
Maurice On-Board Mixing (OBM) lets you preserve the stability of your samples by adding the IEF master mix right before sample injection instead of mixing them beforehand. Read our Application Note to learn more about Maurice OBM.
In addition to providing high-quality data, our easy-to-use Compass for iCE software addresses your compliance requirements. Do you currently use Waters™ Empower® 3 Chromatography software? You can use it to control Maurice and perform data analysis with our Maurice Empower Control Kit.
- Application Note - Staying 21CFR Part 11 Compliant with Maurice and Compass for iCE
- Application Note - Powering Up Maurice with Waters Empower® Software
You'll soon be able to collect fractions of your charge profiles and characterize them further using analytical methods of your choice including mass spectrometry and peptide mapping. MauriceFlex provides offline fractionation capabilities in addition to routine icIEF and CE-SDS assays. You no longer need to worry about columns, tedious IEX methods, or bridging studies when it comes to analyzing fractions. Coming to your bench in early 2023!
Learn more about MauriceFlex™ with these resources:
- Scientific Poster: Novel icIEF Fractionation Coupled with Different MS Systems for Rapid Charge Variant Characterization of Therapeutic Antibodies
- Webinar: Innovation x2 from ProteinSimple