Key Product Details
Product Summary for Human Serpin D1/Heparin Cofactor II Biotinylated Antibody
Accession # P05546
Applications for Human Serpin D1/Heparin Cofactor II Biotinylated Antibody
Sample: Recombinant Human Serpin D1/Heparin Cofactor II (Catalog # 3198-PI)
Formulation, Preparation and Storage
Stability & Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Background: Serpin D1/Heparin Cofactor II
Serpin D1, also known as Heparin Cofactor II, is a member of the Serpin superfamily of the serine protease inhibitors (1). Similar to Serpins A5 and C1, it inhibits thrombin and this activity is enhanced by heparin. Interestingly, a C-terminal His-tagged recombinant Serpin D1 had enhanced heparin effect, which was maintained in a plasma-based thrombin inhibition assay (2). Congenital Serpin D1 deficiency is a potential risk factor for thrombosis (3). The full-length human cDNA was expressed and the purified protein corresponded to the secreted form with anti-thrombin activity.
- Silverman, G.A. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276:33293.
- Bauman, S.J. et al. (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 274:34556.
- Tollefsen, D.M. (2002) Arch. Pathol. Lab. Med. 126:1394.
Product Specific Notices for Human Serpin D1/Heparin Cofactor II Biotinylated Antibody
For research use only