Key Product Details
Structure / Form
Lys18-Ser272, with a C-terminal 6-His tag
N-terminal Sequence Analysis
Predicted Molecular Mass
Th ED50 for this effect is 0.5-3 ng/mL.
Scientific Data Images for Recombinant Viral B8R Biotinylated Protein, CF
Recombinant Viral B8R Biotinylated Protein BioactivityBoth Biotinylated Recombinant Viral B8R (Catalog # BT8225) and unlabeled Recombinant Viral B8R (Catalog # 8225-BR) inhibits IFN-gamma-mediated protection of HeLa human cervical epithelial carcinoma cells to viral lysis. The ED50 for this effect is 0.5-3 ng/mL. The similarity in activity highlights that the biotinylated protein is fully functional.
Formulation, Preparation and Storage
|Formulation||Lyophilized from a 0.2 μm filtered solution in PBS.|
Reconstitute at 250 μg/mL in PBS.
|Shipping||The product is shipped with polar packs. Upon receipt, store it immediately at the temperature recommended below.|
|Stability & Storage||Use a manual defrost freezer and avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
virally-induced B8R binds and sequesters endogenous IFN-gamma, thereby suppressing the host immune response and promoting viral immune evasion (5). While B8R is not required for viral replication, it contributes significantly to Vaccinia virus virulence and is frequently inactivated prior to Vaccinia use in vaccines (5-9). IFN-gamma peptide mimetics that activate IFN-gamma R1 but are not bound and sequestered by B8R have been developed for research and therapeutic use (10, 11).
- Alcami, A. and G.L. Smith (1995) J. Virol. 69:4633.
- Goebel, S.J. et al. (1990) Virology 179:247.
- Puehler, F. et al. (1998) Virology 248:231.
- Mossman, K. et al. (1995) Virology 208:762.
- Smith, G.L. et al. (2013) J. Gen. Virol. 94:2367.
- Symons, J.A. et al. (2002) J. Gen. Virol. 83:1953.
- Verardi, P.H. et al. (2001) J. Virol. 75:11.
- Denes, B. et al. (2006) J. Gene Med. 8:814.
- Dimier, J. et al. (2011) J. Virol. 85:5016.
- Ahmed, C.M. et al. (2007) J. Immunol. 178:4576.
- Ahmed, C.M. et al. (2005) J. Virol. 79:5632.
Entrez Gene IDs
Product Specific Notices for Recombinant Viral B8R Biotinylated Protein, CF
For research use only