Key Product Details
Thr23-Asn367, with a C-terminal 10-His tag
N-terminal Sequence Analysis
Predicted Molecular Mass
The ED50 for this effect is 1.5 -9 µg/mL.
Formulation, Preparation and Storage
|Formulation||Lyophilized from a 0.2 μm filtered solution in PBS.|
Reconstitute at 500 μg/mL in sterile PBS.
|Shipping||The product is shipped at ambient temperature. Upon receipt, store it immediately at the temperature recommended below.|
|Stability & Storage||Use a manual defrost freezer and avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
Mouse WISP-1 (Wnt-induced secreted protein-1; also named CNN4) is a 40 kDa, secreted, heparin-binding glycoprotein that is a member of the CCN (or CTGF/Cyr61/Nov) cysteine-rich protein family (1-6). It is synthesized as a 367 amino acid (aa) precursor that contains a series of structural homology modules. Following a 22 aa signal sequence, there is a 68 aa IGFBP-like domain (aa 53-120), a 66 aa von Willebrand factor type C (VWC) module (aa 121-186), a 41 aa TSP type I domain (aa 220-260) and a 75 aa, C-terminal cysteine knot motif (aa 273-347) (1, 6). The VWC module is associated with protein-protein interaction, the TSP domain binds sulfated glycoconjugates, and the cysteine knot mediates dimerization and receptor binding (4). It is likely that WISP-1 normally circulates as an 80 kDa homodimer (2). Multiple splice forms are reported for human WISP-1, but none for rodent (7-9). Mature mouse WISP-1 is 98%, 84% and 85% aa identical to rat, canine and human WISP-1, respectively. WISP-1 is expressed by fibroblasts and osteoblasts, and may contribute to fracture healing by promoting bone cell formation (1, 10, 11).
- Pennica, D. et al. (1998) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 95:14717.
- Tanada, S. et al. (2001) Oncogene 20:5525.
- Brigstock, D.R. et al. (2003) J. Clin. Pathol. Mol. Pathol. 56:127.
- Desnoyers, L. (2004) Curr. Pharm. Des. 10:3913.
- Brigstock, D.R. (2003) J. Endocrinol. 178:169.
- Hashimoto, Y. et al. (1998) J. Exp. Med. 187:289.
- SwissProt Accession # O54775.
- SwissProt Accession # Q99PP0.
- SwissProt Accession # O95388
- French, D.M. et al. (2004) Am. J. Pathol. 165:855.
- Parisi, M.S. et al. (2006) Bone 38:671.
Product Specific Notices for Recombinant Mouse WISP-1/CCN4 Protein, CF
For research use only