Key Product Details
Product Summary for Human IGF-I/IGF-1 Antibody
Accession # P05019
Scientific Data Images for Human IGF-I/IGF-1 Antibody
Cell Proliferation Induced by IGF-I/IGF-1 and Neutralization by Human IGF-I/IGF-1 Antibody.Recombinant Human IGF-I/IGF-1 (Catalog # 291-G1) stimulates proliferation in the MCF-7 human breast cancer cell line in a dose-dependent manner (orange line), as measured by Resazurin (Catalog # AR002). Proliferation elicited by Recombinant Human IGF-I/IGF-1 (10 ng/mL) is neutralized (green line) by increasing concentrations of Rat Anti-Human IGF-I/IGF-1 Monoclonal Antibody (Catalog # MAB2912). The ND50 is typically 0.1-0.8 µg/mL.
Applications for Human IGF-I/IGF-1 Antibody
Read 1 publication using MAB2912 in the following applications:
Formulation, Preparation and Storage
Stability & Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
IGF‑II. Circulating IGF‑I is produced by hepatocytes, while local IGF-I is produced by many other tissues in which it has paracrine effects (1). IGF-I induces the proliferation, migration, and differentiation of a wide variety of cell types during development and postnatally (3). IGF-I regulates glucose and fatty acid metabolism, steroid hormone activity, and cartilage and bone metabolism (4-7). It plays an important role in muscle regeneration and tumor progression (1, 8). IGF-I binds IGF‑I R, IGF-II R, and the insulin receptor, although its effects are mediated primarily by IGF-I R (9). IGF-I association with IGF binding proteins increases its plasma half‑life and modulates its interactions with receptors (10).
- Philippou, A. et al. (2007) In Vivo 21:45.
- Sandberg-Nordqvist, A.C. et al. (1992) Brain Res. Mol. Brain Res. 12:275.
- Guvakova, M.A. (2007) Int. J. Biochem. Cell Biol. 39:890.
- Clemmons, D.R. (2006) Curr. Opin. Pharmacol. 6:620.
- Bluher, S. et al. (2005) Best Pract. Res. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 19:577.
- Garcia-Segura, L.M. et al. (2006) Neuroendocrinology 84:275.
- Malemud, C.J. (2007) Clin. Chim. Acta 375:10.
- Samani, A.A. et al. (2007) Endocrine Rev. 28:20.
- LeRoith, D. and S. Yakar (2007) Nat. Clin. Pract. Endocrinol. Metab. 3:302.
- Denley, A. et al. (2005) Cytokine Growth Factor Rev. 16:421.
Product Specific Notices for Human IGF-I/IGF-1 Antibody
For research use only