Key Product Details
Product Summary for Human Carbonic Anhydrase VB/CA5B Antibody
Accession # Q9Y2D0
Applications for Human Carbonic Anhydrase VB/CA5B Antibody
Sample: Recombinant Human Carbonic Anhydrase VB (Catalog # 3176-CA)
Formulation, Preparation and Storage
Stability & Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Background: Carbonic Anhydrase VB/CA5B
Carbonic Anhydrase (CA) catalyzes the reversible reaction of CO2 + H2O = HCO3- + H+, which is fundamental to many processes such as respiration, renal tubular acidification and bone resorption (1). Topics in a CA meeting (6th International Conference on the CAs, June 20‑25, 2003, Slovakia) ranged from the use of CAs as markers for tumor and hypoxia in the clinic, as a nutritional supplement in milk, and as a tool for CO2 removal and mosquito control in industry. Carbonic Anhydrase VB encoded by the CA5B gene is a mitochondrial protein. In comparison with another mitochondrial CA (CA5A), CA5B has different tissue distribution and chromosomal location (2, 3). The amino acid sequence of human CA5B (residues 34 to 317) is 94%, 93%, 92%, and 74% identical to that of canine, mouse, bovine/rat, and chicken.
- Hewett-Emmett, D. and R.E. Tashian (1996) Mol. Phylogenet. Evol. 5:50.
- Fujikawa-Adachi, K. et al. (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 274:21228.
- Shah, G.N. et al. (2000) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 97:1677.
Product Specific Notices for Human Carbonic Anhydrase VB/CA5B Antibody
For research use only