Grants for EMEA Events
As part of our PhD Scheme, Bio-Techne is proud to offer travel grants of €500 to attend a meeting of your choice! What are you waiting for? Apply today!
Applications open all year round
Recipients announced: September, December, March and June
Please note that at present the travel grant is only available for PhD students located in EMEA regions
We welcome the submission of applications from all PhD students working within life sciences based in EMEA who are looking to develop their scientific research through knowledge sharing and collaboration at a meeting or conference.
Each entry will be judged by our team of Bio-Techne scientists who look for applications that confidently demonstrate conference profile and attendance suitability (including evidence if you are presenting at the conference).
Applications are open all year round, simply fill out the below form to submit your PhD travel grant application. The competition runs four times a year and winners will be notified via email in September, December, March and June. Competition winners agree to be available for reasonable promotional activities at Bio-Techne’s request for a period of nine months following announcement of prize award. Please see T&C's below for more details.
- EMEA travel grants will be awarded to support attendance to any scientific conference in EMEA taking place within 6 months post application.
- All applications must be submitted to Bio-Techne via the online application before the last day of each month when recipients are announced (March, June, September, December).
- All applicants submissions remain eligible for each subsequent month where recipients are announced.
- A maximum of 10 applications may be submitted from the same individual. Exceeding this limit will void all submitted applications and you will no longer be eligible to receive an EMEA travel grant.
- Once an applicant has received an EMEA travel grant from Bio-Techne, they are no longer eligible to apply.
- Only current PhD students based in EMEA are eligible to apply.
- Authorship on an abstract at the selected meeting is not required.
- Applicants must complete the application form in full.
- EMEA travel grant recipients will be determined via a random drawing by Bio-Techne.
- The recipients will be contacted by email on or before the 10th of each month and announced online.
- EMEA travel grant will be paid directly to recipients.
- Proof of attendance at the meeting of your choice will be required prior to travel grant payment.
- Competition winners agree to be available for reasonable promotional activities at Bio-Techne’s request for a period of nine months following announcement of prize award. Promotional activities may include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting Bio-Techne in preparation of a case study based on the project
- Participating in Bio-Techne webinars
- Being featured as a researcher in an Bio-Techne Spotlight/Website/Newsletter story
- Participating in virtual or in-person seminars
- Image release