Stellar™ NIR/IR Detection Modules for Jess™ Set the Industry Standard for Western Blotting Fluorescence Detection Sensitivity
- Multiplex low abundance targets including total and phospho-protein isoforms alongside total protein normalization
- Low picogram protein NIR/IR detection sensitivity
- Simultaneous total protein normalization at low concentration ranges
- Superior signal linearity across a 4-log dynamic range
- Full automation of Western blot analysis plus flexible multiplex strategies
100X More Sensitive than Traditional Fluorescent Western Blots
- Stellar NIR/IR fluorescence offers comparable sensitivity to Simple Western™ chemiluminescence and higher sensitivity than competing traditional fluorescence western blotting approaches.
- Stellar fluorescence demonstrated 100X greater detection sensitivity than the closest competitive traditional Western blot fluorescence imaging system.
Right Figure and Table Below: Comparison of the limit of detection for RNase A on Jess using chemiluminescence and Stellar NIR (red bands) and Stellar IR (green bands) detection modules with a leading competitor Western blot fluorescence imaging system.
How Does Stellar Work?
Accurate Protein Expression Measurements, Including Total and Phospho-Protein Isoforms
Multiplex multiple targets and perform the Stellar Total Protein Assay to normalize your immunoassay signals for more accurate results – all in the same sample.
Right Figure: Lysates from Jurkat cells either untreated (-) or treated (+) with Calyculin A were probed for total AKT (IR, green bands) and phospho AKT (NIR, red bands). Each antibody was run alone and multiplexed (left panel) in both lysates along with a Stellar Total Protein Assay (right panel).
Note: Stellar Total Protein Detection Module requires the use of a Stellar NIR and/or IR Detection Module in the same run.
Stellar NIR / IR channels enabled multiplexing total and phosphorylated AKT in the same lane with excellent reproducibility.
Right Figure: Jurkat whole-cell lysate probed using mouse anti-total AKT and rabbit anti-phospho AKT primary antibodies and Stellar Mouse IR (green bands) and Stellar Rabbit NIR (red bands) Detection Modules. <10% CVs for pAKT and <5% CVs for Total AKT across 24 lanes
Dramatically Reduce Time to Results Compared to Traditional Western Blotting Workflows
Stellar NIR/IR modules reduce your time to data compared to RePlex™ and traditional Western blot when multiplexing with antibodies of the same species and/or antibody targets of similar size
- Both Stellar NIR/IR and RePlex assays detected total-AKT and phospho-AKT targets within the same lane.
- Stellar NIR/IR runs were completed in approximately 3 hours compared to the 5-hour run time of RePlex
- Both Stellar and RePlex dramatically speed up time to multi-target data when compared to traditional Western blotting workflows
Stellar Detection Modules must be used with Fluorescence Separation Modules. The Stellar Total Protein Detection Module must be used with a Stellar NIR/IR Detection Module in the same run.
|12-230 kDa Fluorescence Separation Module||Order SM-FL001|
|66-440 kDa Fluorescence Separation Module||Order SM-FL002|
|2-40 kDa Fluorescence Separation Module||Order SM-FL003|
|Anti-Rabbit Stellar IR Detection Module||Order DM-013|
|Anti-Rabbit Stellar NIR Detection Module||Order DM-014|
|Anti-Mouse Stellar IR Detection Module||Order DM-015|
|Anti-Mouse Stellar NIR Detection Module||Order DM-016|
|Stellar Total Protein Detection Module||Order DM-TP03|
|Stellar Training Kit||Order PS-T007|