Key Product Details
Product Summary for Human B7‑1/CD80 Biotinylated Antibody
Accession # P33681
Applications for Human B7‑1/CD80 Biotinylated Antibody
Sample: Recombinant Human B7‑1/CD80 Fc Chimera (Catalog # 140-B1)
Human B7-1/CD80 Sandwich Immunoassay
Use in combination with these reagents:
- Detection Reagent: Human B7‑1/CD80 Antibody (Catalog # MAB140)
- Standard: Recombinant Human B7-1/CD80 Fc Chimera His-tag Protein, CF (Catalog # 140-B1)
Formulation, Preparation and Storage
Stability & Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
B7-1 and B7-2, together with their receptors CD28 and CTLA-4, constitute one of the dominant co-stimulatory pathways that regulate T- and B-cell responses. Although both CTLA-4 and CD28 can bind to the same ligands, CTLA-4 binds to B7-1 and B7-2 with a 20 - 100 fold higher affinity than CD28 and is involved in the down-regulation of the immune response. B7-1 is expressed on activated B cells, activated T cells, and macrophages. B7-2 is constitutively expressed on interdigitating dendritic cells, Langerhans cells, peripheral blood dendritic cells, memory B cells, and germinal center B cells. Additionally, B7-2 is expressed at low levels on monocytes and can be up-regulated through interferon gamma. B7-1 and B7-2 are both members of the Immunoglobulin superfamily. Human B7-1 is a 288 amino acid (aa) protein containing a 34 aa signal peptide, a 208 aa extracellular domain, a 21 aa transmembrane domain, and a 25 aa cytoplasmic domain. Human B7-1 and B7-2 share 26% amino acid identity. Human and mouse B7-1 share 44% amino acid identity. However, it has been observed that both human and mouse B7-1 and B7-2 can bind to either human or mouse CD28 and CTLA-4, suggesting that there are conserved amino acids which form theB7-1/B7-2/CD28/CTLA-4 critical binding sites.
- Azuma, M. et al. (1993) Nature 366:76.
- Freeman, G.J. et al. (1993) Science 262:909.
- Freeman, G. et al. (1991) J. Exp. Med. 174:625.
- Selvakumar, A. et al. (1993) Immunogenetics 38:292.
- Chen, C. et al. (1994) J. Immunol. 152:4929.
- Freeman, G.J. et al. (1993) J. Exp. Med. 178:2185.
Product Specific Notices for Human B7‑1/CD80 Biotinylated Antibody
For research use only