Developed in collaboration with Dr. Robert H. Lustig, University of California and Dr. Alejandro Gugliucci, Touro University-California, this poster provides a tour of the signaling events involved in glucose and lipid homeostasis, highlighting along the way molecular dysfunctions at the core of the metabolic syndrome. View our complete solutions for Metabolism Research.
Metabolic syndrome is an increasingly common cluster of symptoms involving dyslipidemia, abdominal obesity, hyperglycemia, insulin resistance and inflammation, which carry an increased risk for the occurrence of cardiovascular disease, Type 2 diabetes and non-alcoholic fatty liver disease.
Download or request the poster and learn about:
- Hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis dysfunction
- Role of stress in insulin resistance and dyslipidemia
- Inflammation and the central role of adipose tissue
- Intestinal dysbiosis: a driver for hepatic inflammation
- Key inflammatory mediators inducing cellular damage
- Metabolic syndrome: Biomarkers and diagnostic criteria