Key Product Details
Product Summary for Human VE‑Cadherin Antibody
Accession # P33151
Applications for Human VE‑Cadherin Antibody
Sample: Recombinant Human VE-Cadherin Fc Chimera (Catalog # 938-VC)
Read 1 publication using MAB938 in the following applications:
Formulation, Preparation and Storage
Stability & Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Vascular endothelial (VE) - cadherin (VE-CAD), also called 7B4 and cadherin-5, is a member of the cadherin family of cell adhesion molecules. Cadherins are calcium-dependent transmembrane proteins which bind to one another in a homophilic manner. On their cytoplasmic side, they associate with the three catenins, alpha, beta, and gamma (plakoglobin). This association links the cadherin protein to the cytoskeleton. Without association with the catenins, the cadherins are non-adhesive. Cadherins play a role in development, specifically in tissue formation. They may also help to maintain tissue architecture in the adult. VE-Cadherin has been shown to play important roles in vasculogenesis and angiogenesis. VE-cadherin is a classical cadherin molecule. Classical cadherins consist of a large extracellular domain which contains DXD and DXNDN repeats responsible for mediating calcium-dependent adhesion, a single-pass transmembrane domain, and a short carboxy-terminal cytoplasmic domain responsible for interacting with the catenins. Human VE-cadherin is a 784 amino acid (aa) residue protein with a 25 aa signal sequence and a 759 aa propeptide. The mature protein begins at amino acid 48 and has a 546 aa extracellular domain, a 27 aa transmembrane domain, and a 164 aa cytoplasmic domain. The human and mouse mature VE-CAD proteins share approximately 74% homology.
- Shimoyama, Y. et al. (1989) J. Cell Biol. 109:1787.
- Bussemakers, M.J.G. et al. (1993) Mol. Biol. Reports 17:123.
- Overduin, M. et al. (1995) Science 267:386.
- Takeichi, M. (1991) Science 251:1451.
- Nose, A. et al. (1987) EMBO J. 6:3655.
- Carmeliet, P. et al. (1999) Cell 98:147.
- Gory-Faure, S. et al. (1999) Development 126:2093.
Product Specific Notices for Human VE‑Cadherin Antibody
For research use only